Yinka Olaito is happy,excited and passionate Communication specialist, Social Media expert, Trainer and speaker. Yinka Olaito helps brands(Profits and Non-profits)with effective communication and positioning for premium service delivery and returns. Yinka Olaito also has special interest in Development Communication and has consulted for noted UN Agencies. Yinka Olaito is the CCO of Michael Sage Consulting(Communication/digital media), African Child Education Right Initiatives(NGO) and Content Director, Africa Development Talk( online Platform for discussion on Policy, Governance, development across Africa)
Personal and professional success depends on a variety, worth of relationships. Building, nurturing, quantifying personal and functional as well as strategic relationships is therefore important.
To build a quality flow of relationships as well as to gather reputation assets and increase your high net worth, professional relationships are essential. To gain the trust of your network which entitles you to make withdrawal in terms of asking for assistance, individuals need to make heavy investment in others. This has become so necessary for professional networkers.
There are three categories of networkers and few of them actually make impact. There are givers, takers and investors. A research by David Nour suggests that a good and strong personal brand of networking must embrace MENOW acronyms. These help a professional networker and any other who need to network and I guess every one of us need to.
1. M- Me: get to learn about the group’s individual personal background before you go for the meeting. Get to know as much as possible about those you need to meet.
2. E-Endear: learn something about the professional history of people who will be in the meeting. Stuff like where he is and where he is going.
3. N-Now: this demands that you know current responsibilities and lifestyle of the individuals as much as possible.
4. O-Of value: what is of value to the other members now? What is the present challenge they are facing and how can you help.
5. W-Wow-This is what thrills the other person, what is unique, hook or differentiate others in the group.
N.B. Other factors that are my own personal research will be included in the soon to be released Personal Branding for first class professional- a free e-book.