9 January 2009 9 Comments

customer engagement and web 2.0

Author: yinkaolaito

Yinka Olaito is happy,excited and passionate Communication specialist, Social Media expert, Trainer and speaker. Yinka Olaito helps brands(Profits and Non-profits)with effective communication and positioning for premium service delivery and returns. Yinka Olaito also has special interest in Development Communication and has consulted for noted UN Agencies. Yinka Olaito is the CCO of Michael Sage Consulting(Communication/digital media), African Child Education Right Initiatives(NGO) and Content Director, Africa Development Talk( online Platform for discussion on Policy, Governance, development across Africa)

customersEngagement has become a buzz word now. It is built on trust plus positive perception. We are no longer in the old landscape where customer satisfaction rules. We are now in a new landscape where that is the minimum requirement. Value acceleration is the order of the day. The new landscape has fused marketing with conversation. This entails listening and engaging the customers to be co-creators of the brand.

Participation in web 2.0 and social media is no longer optional for brands, but compulsory-that is for those who see the future from now.

Interestingly whether we are there or not, the conversation continues on the web 2.0 and social media is taking the lead. Though the development is still trying to take off here in our country. But we must note when something has become a vogue, the early entrant will have taken position and plundered the markets/options. Web 2.0 and social media offer greater opportunities for brands to start a conversation. Conversation is the beginning of engagement.

Prior to web 2.0 the only way brand owner get to know about customers complaints, request is through physical contacts or telephone at best. The climate has changed here too .Any brand that ignores web 2.0 now is on its way to obscurity, obsolescence. Out of sight is out of mind now.

9 Responses to “customer engagement and web 2.0”

1. RyanReynolds 31 March 2010 at 4:59 pm #

I love this article!! I have been reading this blog for quite sometime now, and this is my first comment. I would like to tell you that I enjoy reading this blog, and that I love thought provoking articles like this!

2. parts tools 13 July 2010 at 4:46 pm #

Being a new blogger, I would like to tell you that you have given me much knowledge about it. Thanks for everything.
    Mr.parts tools

3. watch the expendables online free 15 July 2010 at 9:03 pm #

Thanks for sharing the link, but unfortunately it seems to be offline… Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please reply to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a someone here at yinkaolaito.com could post it.

Thanks,
    Peter

4. rv covers 3 August 2010 at 1:19 am #

Thanks for getting the time to discuss this, I really feel strongly about it and very reading perfect on this subject. If feasible, as you obtain expertise, would you mind updating your website with wonderful information and facts? It’s in fact useful for me.

5. Coloring Pages 6 August 2010 at 9:38 am #

A topic close to my heart thanks. Where is your contact details though?

6. watch the social network online 18 August 2010 at 6:36 am #

Thanks for sharing this link, but unfortunately it seems to be offline… Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please answer to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at yinkaolaito.com could post it.

Thanks,
    James

7. Marcelino Winchell 20 August 2010 at 7:54 pm #

Fabulous, just brilliant! Really good to see articles that make you feel good. Too bad we do not get more of these. This made me grin………..

8. zero friction marketing 6 March 2011 at 4:53 am #

The tips you have given here are really useful. Rrt had been such a pleasurable surprise to have that looking forward to me as i woke up this very day. They are always to the point and straightforward to understand. Thanks for your time for the clever ideas you’ve shared here.

9. Rory Culotta 4 August 2011 at 6:42 am #

I was just having a conversation over this I am glad I came across this it cleared some of the questions I had.