Yinka Olaito is happy,excited and passionate Communication specialist, Social Media expert, Trainer and speaker. Yinka Olaito helps brands(Profits and Non-profits)with effective communication and positioning for premium service delivery and returns. Yinka Olaito also has special interest in Development Communication and has consulted for noted UN Agencies. Yinka Olaito is the CCO of Michael Sage Consulting(Communication/digital media), African Child Education Right Initiatives(NGO) and Content Director, Africa Development Talk( online Platform for discussion on Policy, Governance, development across Africa)
Its recession time and most people do not want to be sold. Everyone is working hard to save money as they do not get to earn more money. The level of job cut down has increased. so, selling, getting people to part with their money may become so much a hard job.
But in the mix of these a strong professional personal brand will still holds sway. Marketing and sales professional executives must therefore develop a strong personal brand options that may add value than just collecting clients’ money. The rules of the game have changed and playing the old tactics will be harmful. Marketing and sales executives should look at the following that may add up to building a strong personal brand.
1. Brand education: to be successful, the professional must have adequate knowledge about the brand. The backbone of marketing and sales today is brand education. So professional must forget marketing and sales to concentrate on educating the clients. This should concentrate on features and ‘use-ability’. Projecting the benefits with regards to how the brand will reduce cost for the user.
2. Everything communicates: To enhance your personal brand, realize that everything about you and around you communicates. Invest in your look, dress, public speaking, relationship building. A successful professional today will not only become successful on the wing of a great product again.
3. Build trust: trust is a vital element that will aid your professional success in this economic crunch. Are you trustworthy? Trust =reliability and dependability.
4. Personal identification: as a sales, marketing executive, are you identified with the product you are selling. If you represent or sell a particular brand of phone but you use another brand, you are not identified with your product. Customers have a way of concluding that if your brand is so good, why you are not using it.
5. You have a personal brand: always remember that you have a personal brand. This demands that you do not promote or sell what is not You. If you proclaim that you have a strong moral standing but you are selling pornographic materials people will doubt your personal brand.
# The remaining points will be featured in my soon to be released free e- book “Personal Branding For First Class Professionals”