Yinka Olaito is happy,excited and passionate Communication specialist, Social Media expert, Trainer and speaker. Yinka Olaito helps brands(Profits and Non-profits)with effective communication and positioning for premium service delivery and returns. Yinka Olaito also has special interest in Development Communication and has consulted for noted UN Agencies. Yinka Olaito is the CCO of Michael Sage Consulting(Communication/digital media), African Child Education Right Initiatives(NGO) and Content Director, Africa Development Talk( online Platform for discussion on Policy, Governance, development across Africa)
Every brand that has been successful has managed its relationship with its stakeholder beyond clients-provider level. Because people buy brands like the way they make friends. There is a level of intimacy that is involved. A genuine interest has to be established. Like in the religious world, ‘one spirit must enter’ both parties. For emotional connection to occur among brand’s stakeholders, each party must speak a common language. Without strong emotional connection with the brand, brands become unattractive, useless and eventually fail.
Let us examine factors that guarantee strong emotional connection with a brand.
1. What does your audience holds high: If you understand what their values are and what they cherish most. Not this alone, finds out what is their topmost priority for the value you are adding. For car makers, people may want safety over comfort, luxury over any car that can carry them around. Half-dressed musicians carry the day with teens than with adults
2. Common origin: Does your brand shares common origin with your brand? People with origin, source always flow. Check churches and mosque if you are in doubt. Leadership skin color, tribe, origin often influences followership. Even though religion, beliefs should be a unifying factor. There are few exceptions though.
3. Shared value: This is also a common source of strong bonding with a brand by its stakeholders. Just look at NGOs, people of like passion flock together. Ensure that your brand engage in causes that touch your audience. People connect with brand that touches them positively.
4. Fashion and taste: This has to do with visual images. The brand’s identity, packaging can make audience connect with you strongly. Watch what your visuals are saying. Be concerned about your brand’s environment too. Brand You fashion/dress sense is important here.
5. Shared favorite pass-time: How does brand You unwind? Music that brand you enjoy, different sport bring people together. Is there any of these that your brand can use? There should be. Plan and sustain your effort here.