Yinka Olaito is happy,excited and passionate Communication specialist, Social Media expert, Trainer and speaker. Yinka Olaito helps brands(Profits and Non-profits)with effective communication and positioning for premium service delivery and returns. Yinka Olaito also has special interest in Development Communication and has consulted for noted UN Agencies. Yinka Olaito is the CCO of Michael Sage Consulting(Communication/digital media), African Child Education Right Initiatives(NGO) and Content Director, Africa Development Talk( online Platform for discussion on Policy, Governance, development across Africa)
Many things we do today may not have direct impact on us today but the effect can be longer and lasting. Every decision has correspondence result. For personal branding there are certain acts that are time bomb which a brand must plant in order to secure the future and its well-being at no distance time. The followings are drops of water that make the ocean of a successful personal brand.
1. Be interested in the younger generation: most time this generation is referred to as generation Y . Never overlook them because future belongs to them. If Brand you focuses on age forty and above today, where will that be in the next forty years. Let your brand study what trips the younger generation and see how you can be of help to them. Treat the boomers well; they are the future of any brand.
2. Write: Every opportunity to write, publish something of value should not be despised. When you write and communicate your expertise, you are building a platform that will help you in the future. Realize that printed materials are always there and one day someone may pick up your writings and look out for you. The immediate gain is that people can see the quality of your mind but when they need someone in the future, that article will become a time bomb.
3. Keep developing yourself: Another time bomb for Brand you is to keep developing yourself for where you are going and not where you are. Never stop learning. Sometimes I wonder what I will do with too much stuff I am packing on my brain everyday. The level of stuff I consume daily give me mixed feelings. Yet I have not stopped. I console myself with the notion that these stuffs are time bomb that will explode one day. It is preparation for my opportunity.
4. Go digital: another time bomb for Brand You is to go digital. It may not offer instant returns but keep doing it, ensure you are visible by whatever standard. The day the digital presence will explode, you will laugh because it will worth the effort. You are one phone call away as well as a button press away. Go digital, have a web presence. That is a time bomb, believe me.
5. Be involved in community projects: Several community projects or non-governmental organizations have needs for professional who can join them. In those project teams, community alignments, you can make a difference. Who knows, the act of kindness today may open a new door tomorrow. That also is a time bomb.
6. Network: Most networking activities do not offer immediate gratifications, but they are time bomb if properly managed and when you are not a parasite. Add value to your networks and that will be great explosive later.
7. Courtesy: this is another time bomb. Hen you show consideration for someone today it may become an explosive bomb tomorrow. Be courteous; be polite, someone may be watching.