Yinka Olaito is happy,excited and passionate Communication specialist, Social Media expert, Trainer and speaker. Yinka Olaito helps brands(Profits and Non-profits)with effective communication and positioning for premium service delivery and returns. Yinka Olaito also has special interest in Development Communication and has consulted for noted UN Agencies. Yinka Olaito is the CCO of Michael Sage Consulting(Communication/digital media), African Child Education Right Initiatives(NGO) and Content Director, Africa Development Talk( online Platform for discussion on Policy, Governance, development across Africa)
We can look at a community in different ways. But here we see a community as a group of people, who believe in an idea, choose to live together through common systems and who believe in the healthy propagation of community values, ideas. With strong community, brands have realized over the years the need to help transform corporate services, values and they have become agile through adequate networking, building conversation. Great brands have put greater value on people as the centre of their achievement. The community has been used to solicit useful and fundamental techniques to get it right. Any brand that shy away from building virile community today will have to do with spending huge capital on marketing research, advertising, and Public relations among others. Most of the challenges today can not only be solved by hiring external consultants, even though that is good, but through strong community, brands can generate untold information that if applied can safe them cost.
A successful community, particularly the online one can help put the brand on international radar. Though level of members’ engagement count. Brand’s online community can be created through several platforms and it all depends on the goal of the brand. The paybacks of great online community for brands-Personal, corporate- usually are many. The kind of features on the platform and the requirements will go a long way to help the community. Demanding that community members fill in a lot data that are not necessary to participate in the community may chase many away. Make the platform as friendly and considerate as possible. Never ask the community to submit highly sensitive information about them as that can chase many away. In fact such is not necessary
Having said this, let us examine advantages in a strong brand community.
1. Word of mouth: This has become a very good instrument to reduce cost of operations. More importantly, what a third party says about your brand is much appreciated than what the brand says about itself.
2. Brand awareness: Brand community spread your brand faster than any methods available. Brand community online helps you to gain strong brand awareness because of the excitement to show off. Ask great brands if in doubt. People always want to be associated with success. In our country here there is typical example of many football fans to talk about foreign brands instead of the local league.
3. Idea Generation: Strong community supplies vital feedbacks, ideas that would have require big buck in research among others.
4. Consumer loyalty: brand community also builds loyalty to the brand.
5. Bonding: Most brand community who are excited about the brand are often engaged as well as bond with one another through means of identification with brand’s souvenirs, logo.
6. It guarantees referrals: Strong brand community also guarantees untold referrals for the brand.
Realize that community creates dialogue. Community pulls together millions of eyeballs and human brain in unified connection. What is good about this is that two good heads are better than one. Your brand community can help a lot if you know how to tap into their resources.
The much awaited PERSONAL BRANDING AND CORPORATE SUCCESS SEMINAR HOLDS THIS FRIDAY AND SATURDAY, APRIL 17-18, 2009. This seminar can help your brand among other things to initiate the process of building a strong community through the use of internal brands. For participation please call: 07029778785