Yinka Olaito is happy,excited and passionate Communication specialist, Social Media expert, Trainer and speaker. Yinka Olaito helps brands(Profits and Non-profits)with effective communication and positioning for premium service delivery and returns. Yinka Olaito also has special interest in Development Communication and has consulted for noted UN Agencies. Yinka Olaito is the CCO of Michael Sage Consulting(Communication/digital media), African Child Education Right Initiatives(NGO) and Content Director, Africa Development Talk( online Platform for discussion on Policy, Governance, development across Africa)
Many things have been said about DNA. Wilipedia defines DNA as ‘Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) is a nucleic acid that contains the genetic instructions used in the development and functioning of all known living organisms and some viruses. The main role of DNA molecules is the long-term storage of information. DNA is often compared to a set of blueprints or a recipe, or a code. It contains the instructions needed to construct other components of cell’. Science has showed that human Dna gives a clue to the physical representation of any human. The DNa when properly conducted shows clearly the components, origin of an individual. A Dna will give away an individual who claims he is not a specie of a particular tribe if he is really is. As a brand, online Dna is very important. A brand can not deny a photo of employee in a compromising position posted online years after except when such is deleted from the page. Brand must ensure that its online DNA aid brand communication and emotional connection, brand has to have a programme and planned policy that guide what is posted online. Each brand ‘online cell’ will one day culminate in a pool of results that identify whatever is deposited online about the brand. There is no amount of cover up that can be done now that does not stand the chance of being exposed in the nearest future. The reason being the fact that printed words stay as long as humanity exist except an alteration is done. Brand’s online Dna can either affect negatively or add value to the brand. Let us examine some of the brand’s DNA cells, components that will expose the brand if not properly fed, managed.
1. Wikis: Find out what is in your brand wikis today. Never wait till tomorrow. Anything posted there is a brand cell that can malfunction if not properly fed.
2. Websites: whatever that is posted on your brand’s website also constitute some of the Brand’s DNA cell that can either grow to boost brand image or destroy it. The website design is also a factor.
3. Blogs: Every brand needs a blog to build conversation, engagement and awareness. When properly managed, this brand Dna cell helps a lot in early detection of any online sickness or health
4. Forum: Transparency, truth and practical involvement helps this brand’ dna cell to flourish.
5. Chat room: there are several chat rooms online and a brand can do well by having a chat room on its website if it is possible. This will build interaction and communication
6 Emails: never send emails when you are angry or feel cheated. You may say more than what is required. Immediately you click on ‘send’ that is it. It can be used one day. I had learnt a great deal from this.
7. Articles: This is another brand’s online dna cell. Use this to promote and not to destroy your online Dna.
Beware of what your brand online molecules are saying because they can stand as a long-term storage of information that can aid or destroy your brand. It will be difficult to deny this as google never forgets.