5 December 2011 15 Comments

Brand Positioning: best ways to maximize 2012 opportunities

Author: yinkaolaito

Yinka Olaito is happy,excited and passionate Communication specialist, Social Media expert, Trainer and speaker. Yinka Olaito helps brands(Profits and Non-profits)with effective communication and positioning for premium service delivery and returns. Yinka Olaito also has special interest in Development Communication and has consulted for noted UN Agencies. Yinka Olaito is the CCO of Michael Sage Consulting(Communication/digital media), African Child Education Right Initiatives(NGO) and Content Director, Africa Development Talk( online Platform for discussion on Policy, Governance, development across Africa)

Those who understand the secret of the future know how to master the future before it arrives. They do not wait till early January before they start their New Year resolution. At the time many are still working on their resolutions, the wise brands have gone ahead through proper positioning of the brand for greater advantages. Brand leadership and profitability is not magic, it is based on consistent premeditated actions towards a goal.Brand opportunitity, brand positioning, opportunities in 2012, vision an branding, branding and planning

Before 2012 arrives, let us rob minds on what to do.

Awesome experience: everyone understands the impact of good brand experience. In 2012, good brand experience will be a starting point. Brand must build awesome experience to excel in 2012 and beyond. Lip service will no longer be tolerated. Customers will be highly intolerant with brand experience that is not in sync with today’s reality. I had an experience with a frontline CDMA brand that is offering internet service recently. They were running a promo. But I do think they forget to enhance internal capacity to cope with the rush. We ended up using over three hours in one of their shops for system configuration of the internet we bought. What a sheer waste of valuable time. The matter became worst when public electricity went off. The Generating set would not pick up on time and no one saw any need to appeal to teeming customers inside the dark hall.

Be appl.i.cable: Every brand must strive to be Apps applicable. New Apps will be developed. Brands must learn to take advantage of relevant Apps that will aid service delivery.

Give generously: if you are B2B brand,and you still do not understand the need to share valuable knowledge that can aid buyers’ knowledge, you are still living in Stone Age. You do not have to know how to do it, contract or outsource it out to save cost.

Hire or develop relevant skills: 2012 will bring will be enormous distruptive changes. Any brand with tested and relevant skills in its kitty will continue to have opportunities in excess. Technology will throw up many new and interesting challenges. Taking position, reading the trend is an essential stuff. Many star brands will go under because they remain glued to old system. Brand owners must make plan for millennia generations in our clime. For those who know, Millennia want to work in a fun-filled environment. More importantly, some of them want to work from home. How prepared are our brands in making necessary adjustments to the new trend.

Google and Facebook: Brand positioning is war. Today, the war is shifting to online. No brand is immune in this war of relevance. Better opportunities are now available if a brand knows how to annex the next stage we find ourselves in. Google and Facebook will continue to dominate the cyber-war for visibility. I am sure other underdogs will soon show up. No brand can afford the luxury of not understanding howbest it can annex opportunities offer by these two online giants. It will soon become an obvious secret that such brands will lose relevance.

Strong alliances: The brands that will succeed most in 2012 must build strong alliances. There is a need to break away from spirit of isolation into ‘we approach’. A caveat, not every association will turn out well. But a careful examination, connection with great alliance will deliver great goodies. In addition to the above, learn to treat people well irrespective of their estate now. There may be change of baton somewhere. Those brands you disrespect today may be in power tomorrow. Also it will be great to learn how to walk away subtly even when you feel aggrieved. I have a good experience here. An individual whom I feel should not even raise his voice against me did say some nasty stuff in my hearing around early 2011. At the time, I felt like given it back but managed my emotion well. Today, the person gave a referral when I did not ask for one. Never destroy your tomorrow because of what you have the power to overlook.

What do you think? Share your thought below.

*Apology for break in transmission for three full weeks. I will tell the story when the time is ripe.

15 Responses to “Brand Positioning: best ways to maximize 2012 opportunities”

1. Anita Juarez 7 December 2011 at 1:38 pm #

Very excellent info can be found on site .

2. Hong Roskopf 9 December 2011 at 2:21 am #

We’re a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with valuable info to work on. You have done an impressive job and our whole community will be grateful to you.

3. towel warmer 9 December 2011 at 5:09 pm #

Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long.

4. towel warmer 10 December 2011 at 10:46 pm #

great publish, i sure| will likely be visiting some other time

5. invest liberty reserve 11 December 2011 at 1:43 pm #

An riveting word is designer scuttlebutt. I conceive that you should compose solon on this subject, it strength not be a sacred refer but generally people are not sufficiency to mouth on specified topics. To the succeeding. Cheers like your Brand Positioning: best ways to maximize 2012 opportunities | The Branding Gavel.

6. LA Weight Loss 11 December 2011 at 4:19 pm #

An stimulating treatment is designer report. I consider that you should make much on this theme, it strength not be a taboo person but generally fill are not sufficiency to verbalise on specified topics. To the next. Cheers like your Brand Positioning: best ways to maximize 2012 opportunities | The Branding Gavel.

7. Sprinkle apk 12 December 2011 at 12:24 am #

An intriguing discourse is designer mention. I cerebrate that you should compose many on this message, it strength not be a preconception mortal but generally people are not enough to talk on such topics. To the succeeding. Cheers like your Brand Positioning: best ways to maximize 2012 opportunities | The Branding Gavel.

8. trash compactor 12 December 2011 at 2:00 am #

Amazing freakin blog here. I almost cried while reading it!

9. Jettie Maniace 13 December 2011 at 3:55 am #

… that only social democracy works reasonably well; AND that the 30-year rise of neo-laisse-z-faire “conservat-ism” (although it is anything but conservati-ve in any correct – that is, Burkean – sense), with its casino-cap-italist economics, politicall-y supported willy-nill-y through deceptivel-y stoking religious and other kinds of divisive passions among “low-infor-mation” people, is bringing about a serious environent-al crisis in the United States, to be accompanie-d by a widespread decline in living standards and some pretty nasty fighting over “ownership-” of dwindling resources. It’s deeply political and cultural and I don’t see any practical means of stopping things from getting much much worse. times sport

10. wall stickers 13 December 2011 at 7:07 pm #

Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is important and everything. But think of if you added some great images or videos to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with pics and clips, this blog could certainly be one of the very best in its niche. Fantastic blog!

11. SEM Jesse 14 December 2011 at 7:31 am #

Hello Website Owner! I enjoyed your blog. I noticed you were using WordPress and I figure I’d share a tip with you. There’s a plugin for WordPress I use on my own websites that will help you boost your traffic significantly, guaranteed. If you’re serious about getting more traffic to your website and making money, you should check it out http://tiny.cc/xyd5d. Keep up the good work!

12. minecraft skins 14 December 2011 at 7:58 am #

Fantastic goods from you, man. Brand Positioning: best ways to maximize 2012 opportunities | The Branding Gavel I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just extremely fantastic. I actually like what you’ve acquired here, really like what you’re stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it smart. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is actually a terrific Brand Positioning: best ways to maximize 2012 opportunities | The Branding Gavel informations.

13. new york web design 22 December 2011 at 3:21 am #

i need this for my job. you saved my time and i would like to thank you for that. thanks a lot! if i can help somehow, you let me know, email me.

14. Jason Takagi 22 December 2011 at 11:36 am #

Awesome post! I will keep an on eye on your blog.

15. Andrew A. Sailer 5 November 2012 at 10:56 am #

Just got what i really needed, thanks..